Saturday, August 6, 2011

Kid's Bday Party

Guest written by our friend Mason Abbott


My husband and I took our kids to a kid?s birthday party last weekend. The kids were enjoying themselves and I had my eyes glued to a mystery movie that was on the direct tv chicago satellite. After the party was over we were outside talking and my 5 year old was holding a purple balloon. She slowly let go of the balloon and we all stared as it disappeared in the sky. She then turned towards me and said that grandma now had a balloon in heaven. It took everything I had not to burst into tears. All I could manage was a nod and a small smile. I did not want her to see me cry. My grandmother passed away 2 years ago. She was barely 3 years old. How does she remember that? She even remembers my grandmother?s famous scratch made biscuits. I guess kids retain more information than we think they do. It is important that parents try and make their kids childhood memories positive because they are likely to remember everything about that special time.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...