Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Vintage Thingies Thursday: Old school


Last summer hubby and I went for apple picking at not so close apple orchard. We thought that the apple orchard that we went to is just a little farm but we were wrong. When we get there  cars were already packed  to a parking lot as huge as wal-mart parking area ^_^ . Anyhow, as we roam around the vicinity I noticed I haven't seen any orchard hehe, well the orchard is a bit a little farther from the barns, store, parking lot, children maze etc., so we decided not to go apple picking instead we decided to roam around and ate their ice-cream, drink their apple cider and ate the apple doughnut yum yum!  As we headed to the ice cream house I noticed that it was an old school house. Yay! That makes me excited every time I saw buildings build from the 1800's or early as 1900's. Because I imagine things about how rough it was before, for sure the road is not pave,  and no school buses to ride. So I took a picture of this old school house and here it is.

 

15 comments:

Jocelyn said...

Very cool! I love old buildings. Makes you wonder who stepped over the threshold!

Jocelyn
http://justalittlesouthernhospitality.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

I love it when an old building can be converted and used for something else.

LV said...

That probably was a neat little school house. The building still looks nice even if it is an ice cream place. Noting like seeing old houses or barns and learning the history behind them.

★Carol★ said...

Hello again! I like when little old schoolhouses are saved and used for something else, instead of just tearing them down. Apple donuts are yummy, aren't they?!
Happy VTT!
Carol

Diann said...

I love these kinds of places!

Debbie said...

Nice photos, sounds like it was a fun day too.

marian said...

it's RED and it's GORGEOUS!!

Keetha Broyles said...

I wonder what the children who USED to go to school there would have thought had they known that someday their classroom would be full of ICE CREAM!

Coloradolady said...

What a cute little school house, I too love the old buildings and like to wonder of yesterday....

Have a great VTT and a wonderful holiday week ahead!

concretenprimroses said...

Isn't that a pretty building. So nice it got preserved.
Kathy

Unknown said...

What a great second life for an old building!

My Grama's Soul said...

Aren't we glad that many old buildings are saved and restored. It keeps the past alive today.

Have a good VTT,

Jo

Maureen said...

The sweet old school house looks like someone took very good care of it!

Unknown said...

What a beautiful little school - great post and pictures!
We have a small school here (not as small as yours) that people put their children in rather than the larger ones. I guess it's a great place and only has around 50 students but they vote to keep it going.

Allison said...

Beautiful building. Our neighbours live in old converetd school house. It's very pretty like this one.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...