Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Garage Door


Hubby and I have been concern about what is going on in our area. We consider our location to be in the countryside so we do expect that no crimes are going to happen to us. However, as the economy went down the crime came to our vicinity.  Today hubby and I read the news that many houses in our neighborhood are ransacked and robbed by two or more people. These houses do not have nobody at home in daytime because some are in school and the parents are at work. Some houses leave their garage door open and that is where the entry point of the culprits.
Right now, it bothers me because for a garage door repair to finish takes, a lot of money but it has to be repair or else I cannot sleep well at night.  What happened is that our garage door openers broke and no matter what hubby did it ended up broke again. Therefore, I told him today it is about time for us to hire a garage door repairperson to do the things that he cannot do. Thankfully, he agrees because if not I am not going to be alone in the house more especially at night. To be safe and vigilant is our priority.





4 comments:

Reader Wil said...

That is scary! We cannot leave the backdoor open either during the day, when I am upstairs. In the beginning when we lived here, I went to the neighbours to have a cup of coffee and I left the back door open for the children. Now I wouldn't dream of it.

Unknown said...

Yeah, I think it's wise to do whatever gives you peace of mind.

bobbybegood1 said...

That's scary. Your family's safety comes first and foremost. Cheers!!

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad to see you are taking care of this. I too have felt safe in my home until about 4 weeks ago when I experienced a home invasion at 4 AM. It is and probably will always be the most horrific thing I will ever experience. Tomorrow a security system is being completed and maybe, just maybe, I will be able to sleep through the night. All, be safe and be strong!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...